It’s time to buy your domain name and set up your blog. Get excited! Big things are happening for you.
To WordPress or not to WordPress?
I’ll keep this simple. There are numerous platforms out there that you can use to create a website.
However, as far as blogging goes, there is only one way I suggest going.
That is, a self hosted WordPress site.
WordPress is the place where you will write all your blog posts and create your blog design.
WordPress is free to use, but you need a hosting company which stores all your data and makes sure your site actually appears online.
Choosing Your Hosting Company
Time for some more real talk. Do you know how most bloggers make money?
One of the main ways is through affiliate programs. This means when my readers purchase a product I recommend on my site I then get a percentage of the profits at no extra cost to my readers.
Soon, you will likely make money the same exact way. I’ll tell you all about it when we get to setting up your income sources.
Anyway, there is a site hosting company out there that almost all bloggers recommend.
I’m not going to name the company.
I don’t want to completely bash them, but the reason most people recommend that particular company is because they pay the highest percentage to their affiliates.
That does not mean they are the best. In fact, I’ve never had great experiences with the company that shall not be named.
Instead, I highly suggest a company called SiteGround. I am an affiliate for SiteGround, which means I will make a small percentage if you sign up for their hosting using any of the links on this page, BUT SiteGround is also the company I actually use for all blogs starting out.
I like SiteGround for a few different reasons:
- Their price is very fair for the service you receive.
- They have different hosting plans which are very conducive to starting a blog. You can start with the cheapest, most basic plan, and as your blog grows you can always up your hosting to handle more visitors.
- Their customer service is excellent. Every time I have had an issue their staff has been helpful and kind. This is so important as a new blogger because you likely do not know the technical aspects of blogging and nobody wants to be scared to ask questions. SiteGround will treat you so so nicely.
- SiteGround is designed with new WordPress bloggers in mind. You can easily purchase your hosting and get your WordPress site set up with just a few clicks.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP NOW ↓
Purchase Your Domain Name and Hosting
Are you ready to purchase your WordPress site hosting and officially become a blogger?
Let’s get to it!
Step 1: Choose a Hosting Plan
Go to the SiteGround website and check out your three hosting options.
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are new to blogging and don’t have a huge site audience yet.
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and it includes the SuperCacher feature which helps improve website speed.
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like more server resources and GIT integration.
As a newbie blogger, I suggest starting with the StartUp plan. You can always move to the GrowBig hosting as your site grows.
Here are the features of each hosting option to give you a better idea. ↓
Step 2: Choose Your Domain Name
It is now time to finally get the awesome new domain name that you selected.
Just click “Register a New Domain” and Siteground will allow you to enter your blog name.
Make sure to double-check it before proceeding. You don’t want to have a spelling error on your name!
If you already purchased a domain name that you would like to use, click “I already have a Domain” and just follow the directions for switching your domain name over to your SiteGround account.
Step 3: Review and Complete Order
I suggest purchasing hosting for a full year to get the absolute best price.
Plus, I feel like buying a full year of hosting makes you more motivated to actually follow through with your new blogging business!
Step 4: Install WordPress
After purchasing your hosting you will be redirected to the front page of your Siteground account. You will then click ”Set Up Site.”
It will look something like this. ↓
After clicking “Set Up Site” you will be redirected to a page that will ask you if you would like to start a brand new site or migrate a website.
You will select “Start New Website.”
You will then have a few different options for which type of site you would like to install. You will select the option that says “WordPress”.
You then need to set up your WordPress login. Make sure to use an email address you can easily access and a high-quality password that you will remember.
I know this seems like a long process but the whole thing will take about ten minutes.
Set Up WordPress
Once you have purchased your hosting you can now set up the basic settings for WordPress.
To get to your WordPress page go to the url: yourblogurl/wp-admin and you can then log in and start make your blog shine!
If you purchase your hosting with SiteGround through any of the links in this post, please contact me below with the name and email address you used to purchase your SiteGround hosting. I will then send you my WordPress setup guide for free!
The guide includes:
- Basic WordPress settings to make your blog work the right way
- Must have free plugins for increased traffic, efficiency, etc.
- Must have page guide
- Detailed descriptions of how to use categories and tags to make your blog easier to navigate
And there you have it. You are officially a blogger now! Yeay! Great things are heading your way.
- WordPress is the best (and most popular) way to easily set up a blog
- Siteground is my favorite hosting company for newbie bloggers
- Once you set up WordPress through SiteGround, I will send you my free WordPress setup guide. Just fill in the form above